hostapd 0.3.7, internal EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2 w/ WinXP supplicant question

Jim Howard jim
Thu Jun 9 10:59:30 PDT 2005

Hello,

I am attempting to get hostap 0.3.7 to work with EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPV2 using the internal authenticator.

When using both my custom client and the Windows XP2 supplicant, I get the same failure.  Ethereal shows the following sequenct of messages after the suplicant associates with the access point

AP sends EAP Request, Identitity

Supplicant sends Response, Identity

AP sends EAP Request, PEAP

Supplicant sends TLS Client Hello

Ap sends  TLS Alert (Level: Fatal, Description: Handshake Failure)

I will attach my configuration files and a capture of the hostapd program output.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreicated.

thanks

Jim Howard
jim[at]grayraven[dot]com