madwifi wpa 0.4.1

Shawn Adams shawn_adams
Tue Jun 7 11:01:22 PDT 2005

Jouri,

You're correct - the card is never getting an address, perhaps a more
clear debug:

Trying to associate with 00:20:d8:03:8a:bc (SSID='Test_wob_a' freq=5200 MHz)
Cancelling scan request
Automatic auth_alg selection: 0x1
WPA: using IEEE 802.11i/D3.0
WPA: Selected cipher suites: group 4 pairwise 8 key_mgmt 2
WPA: using GTK WEP104
WPA: using PTK TKIP
WPA: using KEY_MGMT WPA-PSK
WPA: Own WPA IE - hexdump(len=24): dd 16 00 50 f2 01 01 00 00 50 f2 05
01 00 00 50 f2 02 01 00 00 50 f2 02
No keys have been configured - skip key clearing
wpa_driver_madwifi_set_drop_unencrypted: enabled=1
State: DISCONNECTED -> ASSOCIATING
wpa_driver_madwifi_associate
Setting authentication timeout: 5 sec 0 usec
EAPOL: External notification - EAP success=0
EAPOL: External notification - EAP fail=0
EAPOL: External notification - portControl=Auto
Wireless event: cmd=0x8b1a len=25
Wireless event: cmd=0x8b15 len=20
Wireless event: new AP: 00:20:d8:03:8a:bc
State: ASSOCIATING -> ASSOCIATED
Association event - clear replay counter
Associated to a new BSS: BSSID=00:20:d8:03:8a:bc
No keys have been configured - skip key clearing
Associated with 00:20:d8:03:8a:bc
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
EAPOL: External notification - portValid=0
EAPOL: External notification - EAP success=0
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=1
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state CONNECTING
EAPOL: txStart
WPA: drop TX EAPOL in non-IEEE 802.1X mode (type=1 len=0)
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state IDLE
EAP: EAP entering state INITIALIZE
EAP: EAP entering state IDLE
Setting authentication timeout: 10 sec 0 usec
RTM_NEWLINK, IFLA_IFNAME: Interface 'ath0' added
Authentication with 00:20:d8:03:8a:bc timed out.
Added BSSID 00:20:d8:03:8a:bc into blacklist
State: ASSOCIATED -> DISCONNECTED
wpa_driver_madwifi_disassociate

it sure looks like the AP is not responding.  The AP is a Nortel AP2220,
(real manufacturer now owned by cisco)  and does believe the wireless
card to be associated, and in fact, reports "wireless: Notice:
802.11a:Station Associated: 00-20-d8-03-86-94" every 10 seconds.

thanks