AR5112 card working with madwifi-bsd, hostapd-0.4.1, wpa_supplicant-0.4.1(andopenssl-0.9.7g)

and hansen and0806
Mon Jun 6 02:41:45 PDT 2005

--- Victor Yeo wrote:

> How do i
> generate a password and used it for wpa_passphrase?
> What command to use??
>
> Please give an example. Many thanks.

with the wpa_supplicant there is a application called
wpa_passphrase this is a little helper, use:
wpa_passphrase [ssid] [passphrase]
[root at tux root]# wpa_passphrase airnet
secretpassphrase
network={
        ssid="airnet"
        #psk="secretpassphrase"

psk=33ff06282e0abe3690f51a0009a5113ad7315664470c2d0faa881d0799c2749c
}

this dump you just paste in to your
wpa_supllicant.conf

and a big thanks to Beat Meier for all the info on
this subject, but my problem is "bridge=br0"
I started to build my ap with howtos on madwifi
first an open network ap using nat
then with wep, then i switch to hostapd using wpa-psk
but with the main release of madwifi not the bsd
branch
in my test process i switched to a bridge setup
instead
of nat setup
then i tested the bsd branch but whitout the
bridge=br0
and last night i got response from Jouni Malinen
he had noticed that i were missing this bridge=br0
option in my hostapd.conf

Best Regards
Lasse Jensen