FW: crashing! [but workable]

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Jun 4 11:05:45 PDT 2005

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 06:52:48PM +0100, Andrew Duane wrote:

> Can this be ndiswrapper related??

If the kernel crashes, look at the kernel, not user space programs
(e.g., wpa_supplicant).. In this case, the most likely kernel component
would be the driver (ndiswrapper + NDIS).

> Bearing in mind wpa_supplicant crashes my pc whether the interface is up
> or down?

I don't understand your point here. Anyway, wpa_supplicant sets the
network interface up during initialization.

> CONFIG_CTRL_IFACE=y
>
> Even if I add the above to my .config the do a 'make clean' then make
> and copy over the files I still get the error:
> Line 2: Invalid configuration line
> 'ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant'.
> Line 3: Invalid configuration line 'ctrl_interface_group=users'.

I find it difficult to believe that this would happen if
CONFIG_CTRL_IFACE was enabled in the build and the correctly built
wpa_supplicant was used with the configuration file.