IPW2195 A/B/G (ipw2200 1.0.4 + wpa_supplicant 0.4.1) Hidden essid problem

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Jun 3 18:54:15 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 12:44:25PM +0200, Samuel D?az Garc?a wrote:

> Ipw2200: 1.0.4 + geography patch
> wpa_supplicant: 0.4.1
> madwifi: current cvs snapshot

> The problem now is that i can't associate to a WPA-PSK (TKIP+AES) hidden
> essid AP.
>
> The same wpa_supplicant config file works fine with madwifi driver.
>
> Is another bug or patch that we need to know?

No, it is a feature, or well, a missing feature. ipw2200 driver/firmware
does not support per-SSID scanning. So if you want to associate with an
AP that is using a hidden SSID, you will need to use ap_scan=2 mode.