wpa_supplicant with madwifi, Netgear WAG511 and Netgear WGR614v1

Sebastian Weitzel togg
Fri Jun 3 02:17:57 PDT 2005

> I tried to get wpa_supplicant working with my Netgear WGA511 cardbus
> card and a Netgear WGR614v1 AP. The access point was flashed with new
> firmware which supports WPA, and it also works for a short time (1
> second), but then wpa_supplicant will start again, which leads to an
> endless loop. Between the loop cycles, the running ping will recieve a
> reply sometimes, so the configuration seems to be some sort of right.

It is a known problem [see ml thread "problems with Wireless event: new
AP (00:00:00:00:00:00)"]. You can try upgrading to madwifi-bsd cvs
branch and recompile hostap with pointing to the new sources. --
Regards,
Sebastian Weitzel