hostapd prism54 driver (wg511)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Jun 2 06:38:27 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 11:12:15AM +0200, weisenhorn at lifc.univ-fcomte.fr wrote:

> Yes the configuration file is used to start hostapd like this:
> $ hostapd eth1.conf
> I have add the line driver=prism54 but it don't work .

What do you mean by not working? The debug log you sent did not match
the configuration file, so I do not have any reliable information to
help in finding out what is happening. Please send a debug log and the
matching configuration file for a case where driver=prism54 is included
in the configuration.

By the way, which version of hostapd and the driver are you using? Have
you verified that the driver itself works, e.g., by associating in
plaintext mode with another device?

> Yes I have not add the line for FreeRadius because i want at first
> start correctely the deamon !

I would highly recommend starting with WPA-PSK in that case. That is
more likely to work than non-WPA modes.

> I have question about it does the wireless card in Monitor mode before
> starting hostapd ?

No, monitor mode is not used with hostapd.

> I have start hostapd with strace and for the line
> -> ioctl(SIOCGIFINDEX): No such device
> i have :
> ioctl(4,SIOCGIFINDEX,{???,"ethlap"})=-1 ENODEV (no such device)
> what is ethlap ?

That would likely be eth1ap and this is a sign of hostap driver
interface being used, not prism54. The driver=prism54 line is really
needed in the configuration.