hostapd prism54 driver (wg511)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Jun 1 06:18:43 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 01:55:18PM +0200, weisenhorn at lifc.univ-fcomte.fr wrote:

> Im looking for doing a AP with my laptop the wirelless card is a WG511
> that work fine
> But for my job I want to use it with freeRadius so i use hostapd deamon
> but it don't work and i don't know why ?

> when i start hostapd i have this following errors :
> Configuration file: eth1.conf
> Opening raw packet socket for ifindex 4
> ioctl(SIOCGIFINDEX): No such device
> prism54 driver initialization failed.

Is this really the output with the configuration file you sent? The
configuration file needs to have driver=prism54 line in it and that was
not present in what you sent.. In addition, I don't think non-WPA modes
have received much, if any, testing, so they may not work. In addition,
your configuration file did not really match with the comment about
FreeRADIUS, since RADIUS was not being used..