roaming with the wext driver when WPA isn't supported

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Jul 28 20:11:01 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 01:21:49PM +0200, Olivier Blin wrote:

> Here's a patch that checks for WPA capability in the wext driver.
> I'm not sure it uses the right checks and capabilities, but you get
> the idea. It works fine for the rt2500 driver (it can now associate),
> but I haven't tried with WPA-capable drivers.

Thanks! I added similar functionality into the development branch. The
capability information must be taken from SIOCGIWRANGE, not
SIOCGIWAUTH:IW_AUTH_WPA_VERSION (which reads the currently configured
mode). This was able to complete IEEE 802.1X authentication with dynamic
WEP keys when using Host AP driver with driver_wext and wireless
extensions 17 (i.e., WPA not supported).