wpa_supplicant problems

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Jul 5 08:56:14 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 02:08:54PM +0200, Rob Vandermeulen wrote:

> Thanks for the information. I tried again, with PROT=WPA (akthough the AP
> system should also support WPA2 and i did set an anonymous_identity).
> Still no luck, and new logs attached.  I will try to setup a sniffer to give
> you guys sniffer logs in  the next few days.

This time the negotiation seems to go further, i.e., PEAP is actually
started. However, the AP does nots eem to be processing the second EAPOL
packet from the client for some reason. The debug log from the AP did
not show it being received at all. In addition, the AP debug log seemed
to talk about 60 second retransmission timer, but in practice, it is
retransmitting the frame in 0.01 seconds.. If that is indeed what is
happening, I would claim the AP is doing something odd. Anyway, getting
a sniffer log of this could be enough to figure out what is happening
here.