questions about WPA-PSK and EAP-PSK

Manoj Verma, Noida manojv
Fri Jan 28 02:21:47 PST 2005

If we see in that perspective you are right. We have to config 802.1x as
this is the backbone for both.

We can say that in this case the 802.1x consists of two parts:

1. EAP Authentication (For e.g. EAP-PEAP, EAP-TTLS etc..)
2. Security association (4way & Group H/s)

The protocol that encapsulates the related messages between AP and the
supplicant is EAPOL.