driver_hermes and wpa_supplicant CVS

Holger Schurig hs4233
Wed Jan 26 23:09:15 PST 2005

On Thursday 27 January 2005 03:39, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> does not work with the latest 0.3.x versions. I fixed number of issues
> in the driver interface code and updated all the driver interface
> implementations in the wpa_supplicant package. However, driver_hermes.c
> has never been submitted to the wpa_supplicant tree and its license
> does not allow me to release a fixed version.

Okay, then I'll try to fix this on my own. :-(

I'd love to use the kernel Orinoco driver instead, it's just that the very
messy Agere driver (I never seen a Linux device driver in such a shappy
shape!) programs my card better. Roaming works better, and the usable
range is somewhat higher. Never found out why, but this is the main
reason we use wlags49_h2_cs.o instead of hermes.o/orinoco.o/orinoco_cs.o.