Problem with WPA-PSK auth when bridging

Sebastian Kaps seb
Sat Jan 22 03:15:11 PST 2005

Hallo Jouni!

Am Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:57:35 -0800 schriebst Du:

> Please note that IEEE 802.11 protocol does not support layer 2 bridging
> when in client (managed/infrastructure) mode, so "fixing" this
> authentication case would not be very helpful.

Thanks for your answer. Meanwhile I've found that out, too :-(
The only solution seems to be to configure the card as access point
(using hostap), which in my case doesn't work since the card is
unsupported by hostap and my other access point doesn't know the
client-mode.

--
Ciao, Sebastian