FW: PMKSA/PMKID issue(s)

Zimmermann, Christopher Brian Chris cbzimmermann
Fri Jan 21 21:47:12 PST 2005

Logfile zipped to accommodate posting size limit...

-----Original Message-----
From: Zimmermann, Christopher Brian (Chris)
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 12:41 AM
To: 'Jouni Malinen'; 'hostap at shmoo.com'
Subject: RE: PMKSA/PMKID issue(s)

Jouni,

I have two APs on the SSID cbz-wpa2-preauth.  I associate to a Gateway
AP / Instant802 Networks, which appears to use hostapd
(00:E0:B8:76:27:16), then I enable the radio on a Broadcom AP
(00:10:18:90:20:78).

You can see the EAP-SUCCESS, but the PMKID does not get processed via
rsn_preauth_eapol_cb().  Both of these APs come from the Terrawave
WPA2/WMM testbed package.

As per your TODO, I made some modifications to request a scan every 60
seconds, and skip the association related portion of the scan results
function.

The log file is attached.

Line 940 shows the EAP-Success from the pre-auth AP.

Line 953 says "RSN: added PMKSA cache candidate 00:10:18:90:20:78 prio
1000"
But I don't get a add_pmkid() call into the driver interface.  And the
timeout gets called, too.

Thanks,
Chris