Problems with hostap 0.2.6

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Jan 15 10:29:44 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 09:21:43AM +0000, safletcher at insightbb.com wrote:

>  I am having problems getting hostap to work with my PCMCIA card (actually,
> it's a CF card in a PCMCIA adapter).
>
> When I insert the card, there are no messages in dmesg.  All I see is this:

This looks more like cardmgr configuration issue than a Host AP driver
specific problem. Please note that cardmgr events are reported in
syslog, not in kernel log, so dmesg will not include information about
the selected driver. Your dmesg output did not show any sign of Host AP
driver being loaded, so it looks like cardmgr was not configured to use
hostap_cs with this card.

> I even tried adding an alias for hostap_cs in modules.conf.  But, nothing I
> have done seems to get the card recognized.  I know that the card is Prism
> based and I have had it successfully working with wlan-ng.  But, I cannot seem
> to get hostap working.

Do you still have wlan-ng installed on that system? This card may be
configured in some other file in /etc/pcmcia to use that driver..