Help with EAP-OTP & Madwifi or hostap driver

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Jan 15 10:21:02 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 08:49:26AM -0600, Francis J. Hitchens wrote:

> I've been struggling for a few weeks trying to authenticate using PEAP
> and OTP and could do with some help. I started out using the madwifi
> diver for my Linksys WPC55AG V1.1 card but read that it had problems. I
> have since started using the Linuxant hostap driver with no greater
> success. Association using TKIP works but that's as far as I get. I'm
> using the latest linuxant driver and wpa_supplicant-0.2.6 under fedora
> core 3 using the linuxant 16 stack kernel.

Did you see any problems with madwifi yourself or just read about
problems? I won't be able to help you with Linuxant solution (please
direct your questions to the vendor), but if you are willing to try this
with madwifi, it would be easier to support you. As far as I can tell,
the latest development branch release (0.3.4) of wpa_supplicant works
fine with the CVS version of madwifi driver.