Host AP and WEP Encryption

Rene Walter sxja95
Fri Jan 7 10:08:05 PST 2005

Hello List, hi Host AP Users

my english isnt the best, but i try to explain my problem.
So please apologise my grammar and spelling mistakes.

I use the latest version of the Host AP driver. I installed it and it
works fine in all modes an so on... but:

At home i use an 40 bit hex wep encrypted WLAN. I did the whole iwconfig
stuff with a little script.

iwconfig wlan0 essid mattern.freifunk.net mode managed
iwconfig wlan0 key XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ifconfig wlan0 192.... netmask ... up

on xterm I only got the message:

Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A):
	SET failed on device wlan0; Invalid argument

That?s the problem.

A few minutes ago I tried the same on a pure console (without X).
I got:

wifi0: Beacon inteerval settin to 100 failed
wifi0: DTIM period settin to 1 failed
wifi0: cnfSupportedRates setting to 15 failed
wifi0: cnfBasicRates settin to 3 failed

an then the same as above...

Anyone who can help me to solve the problem??

My System:	Fedora Core2
cardctl ident:	"hp", "wireless PC card WL110", "Version 0.1.01"
		manfid: 0x0156, 0x0002

The used key is thought out.

iwconfig wlan0 gives:

... Access Point: 44:44:44:44:44:44