Experiments with different firmwares when card is in Master mode.

Ajeet Nankani fromkth+hostap
Fri Feb 25 05:54:58 PST 2005

There are some differences in operation of the prism2.5 pc-card when
different firmwares are used, at least in master(Access Point) mode.

Here are my observations,

PC-card in master mode.
Pri 1.1.1
Sec 1.8.0 or 1.8.3
Authentication request from STA to Authentication Response from AP takes
around 5ms to 70ms
(Re)Association request from STA to (Re)Association response from AP
takes around 100ms to 150ms

PC-card in master mode.
Pri 1.1.1
Sec 1.7.4
Authentication request from STA to Authentication Response from AP takes
around 1ms to 2ms
(Re)Association request from STA to (Re)Association response from AP
takes around 1ms to 2ms

So I guess 1.7.4 is the all time best to use.

Does anybody have similar or different experiences?
Does anybody know of any bug(s) with 1.7.4?
I could not find on internet that what they have changed/improved from
1.7.4 to 1.8.x
Does anybody know about firmware change log?
Jouni, any comments on above results, questions.

-ajeet.