Secure Internet for Small Office / Home Office HOWTO now available

Coert coert.vonk
Thu Feb 24 19:52:28 PST 2005

Time for me to give back to the community .. I wrote down my notes
about building a Firewall, Wireless Access Point and VPN Server.  The
wireless is using the madwifi driver and hostapd authenticator (WPA).
It also includes configuration notes for wpa_supplicant and Windows/XP
clients.  The WPA uses X.509 certificates (TLS) or username/password
(PEAP MSCHAPV2)

The overall key features of the router:
    * Stateful Firewall - offers highly configurable protection for
the internal network.
    * VPN Server - lets remote users access the resources on the
internal network through their local Internet connection (Windows/XP
can connect out of the box).
    * Office Interconnect - combined IPsec VPN server and client
allows secure office interconnect.
    * Versitile Wireless Access Point - 802.11b/g (2.4 GHz) and
802.11a (5 GHz) with antenna diversity for extended range.
    * Wireless Security - WEP, WPA or IEEE 802.11i prevents unauthorized access.
    * Network Address Translation - lets all computers on the internal
network share a single Internet connection.
    * Local Domain server - speeds up DNS lookups and resolves local domains.
    * Dynamic Host Configuration server - allows computers on the
internal network to automatically configure their network interface.
    * Network Time Protocol server - keeps the clocks of computers on
the internal network in sync.
    * Secure Shell - allows secure remote administratrion of this router.
    * Highly configurable - You have the source code; you can make any
change you want.

The HOWTO is available at:
  http://www.cybcon.com/~coert/linux/siso/

hope this helps,