[RESEND] [patch] wpa_supplicant + madwifi can't associate to non-WEP network

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Feb 24 19:12:35 PST 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 12:15:03AM +0100, Lorenzo Colitti wrote:

> I am using wpa_supplicant 0.3.2 with the madwifi driver, but I can't get
> it to associate with a non-WEP (i.e. completely insecure) network with a
> Cisco Aironet 1200 BS (details below). The problem is that the BS
> refuses the association request because the request specifies WEP and
> the BS has WEP disabled.
>
> The attached patch fixes the problem by explicitly enabling and
> disabling WEP in the driver when set_drop_unencrypted() is called.

Thanks.

A patch with similar effect, but correct place for the operation (i.e.,
associate handler) was committed to CVS couple of days ago. This works
for me and is currently in the development branch. I'll merge it into
other branches after some more testing. If you would like to speed this
up, please test whether the current development snapshot works.