Firmware: Samsung MagicLAN SWL-2100P

Re Fixed refixed
Sat Feb 19 21:32:17 PST 2005

Hi,

Trying to upgrade the firmware on a Samsung MagicLAN SWL-2100P PCI card.

The card, I think, is a Prism 2 card on a pd6729 PCI->PCMCIA bridge.
With the right kernel modules, the card comes up fine and hostap sees
it no problems (using 2.6.10 and latest HostAP).

The firmware is very old though and I wish to upgrade it.

wifi0: NIC: id=0x8002 v1.0.1
wifi0: PRI: id=0x15 v0.3.0
wifi0: STA: id=0x1f v0.8.3

I've tried various firmware from
http://www.netgate.com/support/prism_firmware/ and I get this error
every time I try to flash with prism2_srec:

Verifying update compatibility and combining data:
NICID was not found from the list of supported platforms.
Incompatible update data.

Any idea what firmware I can use to upgrade the card to something far
more recent?

Thanks!