Problems with hostap driver

Joshua Wright jwright
Fri Feb 18 03:55:20 PST 2005

Ardhendu,

ardhendu nandan wrote:
> Wireless card info:
>      ?Cisco System ?,?350 series wireless adapter?
>       Manfid:0x015f, 0x000a

The HostAP driver is designed for the Prism2 family of cards - you'll
need to use a Cisco-compatible driver for this 350 series adapter.
Check with your Linux distribution vendor for an appropriate driver, or
you can try using the Cisco driver for Linux supplied at cisco.com.

> [root at localhost root]# modprobe hostap_pci
> /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/net/hostap.o: unresolved symbol
> register_netdevice

It sounds like you are missing something in your kernel configuration,
although I couldn't easily identify what is missing (sorry).  Do you
have CONFIG_HOTPLUG and CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI enabled in your kernel
configuration?

-Josh
--
-Joshua Wright
jwright at hasborg.com
http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/

pgpkey: http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/pgpkey.htm
fingerprint: FDA5 12FC F391 3740 E0AE BDB6 8FE2 FC0A D44B 4A73

Today I stumbled across the world's largest hotspot.  The SSID is "linksys".