Problems with WPA-PSK and madwifi driver

Michael Reilly michaelr
Thu Feb 10 16:47:02 PST 2005

Gilbert Mendoza wrote:
> --- Michael Reilly <michaelr at cisco.com> wrote:
>

>>Atheros based cards have not worked with madwifi and wpa_supplicant
>>for me for
>>several months.  I have been forced to purchased a driverloader
>>license which
>>does work with wpa_supplicant and my Atheros based cards
>>
>>I also tried ndisdriver but it wouldn't even find the APs (Cisco,
>>Linksys,
>>D-Link) then.
>>

> Madwifi CVS + wpa_supplicant 0.3.6 works great for me.  I had no need
> for ndiswrapper in this case.

Same here - madwifi CVS and wpa_supplicant 0.3.6.  I updated madwifi last friday
  - maybe here is a fix in there.  It used to work last August/early september
before I did an update.

> I currently use a couple different Atheros Chipset cards:
> Cisco A/B/G Card (AIR-CB21AG-A-K9)

This is one of the cards I have.  I also have a Linksys 55AG

> Proxim GOLD ORiNOCO 11b/g (8470-FC)
>
> I currently switch between a few wireless security configurations
> without problems:
>
> 1. WPA+PSK TKIP (Linksys WRT54G Access point), non-broadcasted SSID.

WPA-PSK AES fails. for me.  Works with driverloader and with windows.

> 2. Enterprise WPA, EAP-PEAP, MSCHAPv2, Cisco Aironet 1200 AP's, Cisco
> ACS servers v3.2 and v3.3, non-broadcasted SSID's.

WPA-PSK in all variants fails with Cisco 1x00 APs running the latest IOS SW.  I
have 802.11g radios.  Are you running IOS or VxWRKs on the 1200's  802.11B, G or A?

michael