hostap passive scanning.

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Feb 9 20:43:34 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 11:28:57PM -0500, Andrea G. Forte wrote:

> Does this mean that I cannot perform passive scanning in managed mode at
> all?

Exactly what do you mean with passive scanning?

> Is there a particular reason for choosing not to support passive
> scanning in managed mode?

What is this based on? I wrote that ap_scan functionality is not
supported in managed mode, not passive scanning in general.. Firmware
takes care of scanning in managed mode. I don't remember whether there
was separate options for active vs. passive scanning, but then again, I
don't really know what functionality you were looking for.

> Could I have a pointer to the function collecting the passive scanning
> results?

Which passive scanning?