Checking WEP Status after scannig for SSIDs

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Feb 8 19:29:59 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 04:37:43PM -0600, Rana Basheer wrote:

> I have the prism driver development document. I am unable to find any
> information in the document regarding a way to interrogate the WEP
> status of a wirless SSID that was retrieved through scanning. I am
> using prism driver to run a PCMCIA based 802.11b card from an Atmega
> 128 processor. I am trying to list all the available wireless networks
> in the vicinity and their WEP status. This is similar to the Windows
> XP zero configuration interface which list the available network with
> information about whether security is enabled for that network or not.
> I am trying to do exactly the same with my Atmega128 + PCMCIA setup.
> The only problem is, I do not know how to check the scanned network
> has encryption enabled or not.

Since this is Host AP mailing list, I would assume a pointer to the
driver source code would be enough: see __prism2_translate_scan() in
hostap_ioctl.c for an example on how to check fro privacy bit in
capabilities field..