Pre-release testing for v0.3.7

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Feb 6 20:16:45 PST 2005

I'm planning to change the status of future 0.3.x versions to "stable"
and create a new stable branch for these releases. CVS mainline will
continue to be used as the development branch with eventual 0.4.x
releases. I made a pre-release available for testing before the official
0.3.7 release. All packages are now available for testing from
http://hostap.epitest.fi/releases/testing/

My goal is to release 0.3.7 in about a week or so with more or less the
same contents as the 0.3.7-pre version. As far as code is concerned,
only critical bug fixes and obviously correct fixes are accepted before
the next release. Everything else will wait for the creation of the new
0.3.x branch, after which changes will first go through the development
branch. After this, some changes may be merged into 0.3.x branch on
case by case basis.

In other words, now would be a good time to do some final testing so
that possibly remaining critical issues can be resolved before the first
0.3.x release from the "stable branch".