PRISM2_NON_VOLATILE_DOWNLOAD in kernel 2.6.14

David Goodenough david.goodenough
Fri Dec 30 06:18:18 PST 2005

In the past I have used HostAP as an external module, but recently (Hooray) it
got integrated into the mainline kernel.  I have frequently use prism2_srec to
flash new versions of firmware into both PCMCIA and mini-pci cards and it
has always worked very well.

But I recently upgraded to 2.6.14 which of course now comes with HostAP
built in.  But I can not do a download as it would appear that the #define
PRISM2_NON_VOLATILE_DOWNLOAD is not set.  Looking in the kernel source
(and here it may be worth noting that I am using Debian and their packaged
source so this may be a Debian problem not a kernel problem) that symbol
is commented out.  The warning just above the comment is the same that
it has been for as long as I remember it, but as I say I have had no problems.

Is this a generic kernel thing, if so why, or is this something that the
Debian kernel team have patched in which case I will take it up with them.

Ta

David