dhcp question?

Roy Marples uberlord
Wed Dec 21 07:01:00 PST 2005

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 14:45, Paul Fox wrote:
>  > No, wpa_supplicant does not do anything directly related to DHCP to
>  > getting an IP address. ...
>
> can i ask a semi-related question?  i didn't see it in the docs
> or the example config, but i'm a few revs out of date -- does
> wpa_supplicant have any hooks for running scripts after
> association, which could be used for interface configuration?  it
> seems like wpa_supplicant is a very complete roaming solution,
> except that it has no way (that i could see) of a) easily informing
> me what network i've connected with, or of b) helping me
> configure my interface in network-specific manner.  did i miss
> something?

Gentoo has had this for ages in it's baselayout-1.12.0_pre ebuilds :)
Sample config :-

config_home=( "192.168.0.31/24" )
routes_home=( "default via 192.168.0.1" )
dns_servers_home="192.168.0.1"
dns_domain_home="home"

config_work=( "dhcp" )

That works for wireless configuration via iwconfig or a wpa_supplicant
callback via wpa_cli triggers.

--
Roy Marples <uberlord at gentoo.org>
Gentoo Linux Developer