signal quality, prism firmware, WPA

Tony Espy espy
Mon Dec 12 15:48:38 PST 2005

I've reported this problem multiple times.  We also are using a PCMCIA
based Prism card.  I reported a patch for v0.3.9 of the driver awhile
back ( see below ).

What I found was that the method hostap_join_ap() in hostap_ioctl.c
could end up passing a channel number of 0 to the firmware when it sent
a JOINREQUEST.  This was due to the fact that there were two seperate
arrays that could hold scan results, one called scan_results and one
called hostscan_results.

For details and a copy of the patch we're currently running with see my
original post at:

http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2005-July/010954.html

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tony Espy