Xsupplicant -> wpa_supplicant

Aasmund Grammeltvedt asmundg
Sun Dec 11 14:48:36 PST 2005

Also sprach Jouni Malinen (Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 10:43:18AM -0800):

> For wired networks, you need to remove ssid parameter. In addition, you
> could add eap=PEAP and unless you know you really need peaplabel=1, I
> would recommend just removing that phase1 line which is forcing PEAP
> parameters. The defaults are more likely to work unless you are using
> Radiator as the RADIUS server.

Well, I'll be damned. It was the ssid line which caused the problem. I
already had ap_scan=0, but I had somehow become convinced that
wpa_supplicant failed when ssid wasn't set.

How typical that I would miss the config permutation that worked after
trying out all others. But it works now, thanks!

--
?smund Grammeltvedt
jabber: asmundg at azathoth.td.org.uit.no

Why you might want to block some cookies:
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453060829