Developers' documentation for wpa_supplicant and hostapd

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Dec 10 09:05:02 PST 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 05:27:55PM +0100, Leonardo Maccari wrote:

> I think the double macro definition in eapol_sm.c is confusing to get at
> first glance.

I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to with "double macro
definition", but I'm assuming this is talking about the state machine
implementation in wpa_supplicant and hostapd using number of macros to
define state functions etc. I ended up cleaning up the design by sharing
the same macros for all state machines. The macros are now in a new
header file, state_machine.h. This makes sure that state machines are
implemented in a consistent way and the new file works as a good
location for documenting the macros. I added some preliminary doxygen
comments for them into.

Do you think this helps in understanding the implementation? Is there
some other parts in the state machine design that would benefit from
additional comments?