was ("Failed to read configurations file" ?)

Jay Strauss me
Sun Dec 4 08:14:37 PST 2005

I've never been able to get mine to work that way.  I always have to start wpa
in my /etc/network/interfaces like:

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
        pre-up wpa_supplicant -i wlan0 -D hostap -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf &
        post-down killall wpa_supplicant

I'm connecting to a wpa ap.  Below is how I've tried to set it up for init.d
activation but it never works.  Instead I have to restart wpasupplicant

Can anyone see my error, or give me a clue for something to try???
Thanks
Jay

jstrauss at ubuntu:/etc/rc3.d$ ls -la S12wpasupplicant
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 23 2005-11-19 09:22 S12wpasupplicant
-> ../init.d/wpasupplicant

jstrauss at ubuntu:/etc$ cat /etc/default/wpasupplicant
# /etc/default/wpasupplicant

# WARNING! Make sure you have a configuration file!

ENABLED=1

# Useful flags:
#  -D <driver>          Wireless drive, typically optional.
#  -i <ifname>          Interface
#  -c <config file>     Configuration file
#  -d                   Debugging (-dd for more)
#  -w                   Wait for interface to come up

# See the manual page wpa_supplicant(1) for more options and information.

OPTIONS="-w"

# EXAMPLES:

OPTIONS="-i wlan0 -D hostap -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf"
# OPTIONS="-i ath0 -D madwifi -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf"