hostap driver 0.4.7 on ubuntu breezy

Karl H. Beckers karl.h.beckers
Sat Dec 3 11:22:32 PST 2005

Hi all,

am trying to get my prism 2.5 card to work on an ubuntu (breezy) system
to work.
After tests with the bundled drivers I patched the 2.6.12 kernel to WE
18 and made it use 0.4.7 hostap drivers. However, that did not help
much.

Problem is, the card now only detects WLANs every so often (or rather so
few times). iwlist wlan0 scan returns no results say 29 out of 30 times.
I had the card work on Debian Sarge without problems.

I'd be grateful for any hints as to where to look at.

TIA,

Karl.