wpa_supplicant dies at WPA: Sending EAPOL-Key 2/4

Kasprzyk, Nico NKasprzyk
Wed Aug 31 05:12:36 PDT 2005

Hello,

I try to connect to our ACCESS POINT (ARTEM ComPoint
Enterprise) to my D-Link DWL-G650 card bus card with WPA-PSK but the
HANDSHAKE with the help of wpa_supplicant get an timeout at

  WPA: Sending EAPOL-Key 2/4  and the hexdump of the Key

I already increased the time out in wpa_supplicant and
compiled with the latest madwifi, madwifi-bsd, and
wpa_supplicant (0.4.4) snapshots. But nothing changed. Because I do
not know something about the implementation of madwifi and
wpa_supplicant I think there could be one of the following reasons:

1. My Access Point does not handle the requests right.
2. A bug in madwifi (Perhaps similar to
   http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2004-October/008313.html).
3. A bug in wpa_supplicant.

May anyone of you help me with that issue? Is more
information needed? What does it mean that wpa_supplicant
gets an timeout after sending EAPOL-Key 2/4?

Regards,

Nico