Implementing wireless mesh network using HostAP

Leonardo Maccari maccari-thisaintpartofmyaddress-
Mon Aug 22 00:32:09 PDT 2005

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 05:26:42AM +0000, ?????? wrote:
> <HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=Content-Type content='text/html; charset=euc-kr'>

my mutt doesn't really like your HTML, anway, there are already running
projects of wireless mesh networks,

http://www.locustworld.com

this is not hostap-based.

http://www.sown.org.uk

this is hostap based.

both use WDS links and some particular addressing scheme to have mesh
model working. both do not use WPA/802.1X, since there is no support for WPA over
WDS still. if you're fine with that, they just "work" out of the box, if
you want WPA/802.1X WPA over WDS has been a topic in a couple of threads,

http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2005-August/011156.html

this is to cleanup code to have wpa supplicant state machine linked to
hostapd, and have a supplicant work with hostapd server, and this

http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2005-July/010913.html

is somebody trying to patch existent code to have WPA over WDS, I don't
know to what extent.

I'm interested in the subject of WPA over WDS, so discussion is welcome.

ciao,
leonardo.

--
   Key fingerprint = 3129 C583 F03B 2E73 0115  C040 3489 0185 B592 19FE
 Obviously -thisaintpartofmyaddress- is not part of my real email address