Help installin HostAP

Alric Alllllllll goldenray3458
Thu Aug 11 21:05:34 PDT 2005

Hello,
I am trying to change the orinoco driver to the HostAP
driver.
my orinoco driver wireless card was under eth0, so I
made wlan0 to work as my HostAP driver for my wireless
card.  (I am running linux kernel 2.6.13-rc2 Fedora
Core 4)
And I got this far:
I extracted the .tar.gz, ran "make", ran "make
install"
I added wlan0 to the /etc/modprobe.conf this:
alias wlan0 hostap_pci
I also copied the ifcfg-eth0 to ifcfg-wlan0 and
changed the device variable to
DEVICE=wlan0
in the /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices folder, and
did the same thing in the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts folder (copied and
renamed the device).

After a reboot, when I use ifconfig up wlan0 it gives
me this:
wlan0: Unknown host
ifconfig: `--help' gives usage information.
When I use ifup wlan0 it give sme this:
hostap_pci device wlan0 does not seem to be present,
delaying initialization.

It gives me something about "delaying initialization
for wlan0 when booting up"

my lsmod output is this:
hostap_pci 65808 0
hostap 144008 1 hostap_pci
sis900 24064 0
mii 6016 1 sis900
orinoco_pci 8576 0
orinoco 60820 1 orinoco_pci
hermes 7808 2 orinoco_pci,orinoco

My lspci output is this:
hernet (rev 90)
00:06.0 Network controller: Intersil Corporation Prism
2.5 Wavelan chipset (rev 01)
00:0c.0 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc.
OZ601/6912/711E0 CardBus/SmartCardBus Controller

ANY help would be appreciated, thanks!!