hostap-driver-0.3.9 compilation error on 2.4.19 kernel

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Aug 6 11:26:24 PDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 01:06:11PM -0600, Mazen.Arakji at colorado.edu wrote:

> I'm new to this list.  I'm trying to compile the hostap-driver-0.3.9 for my iPAQ
> h3900.  I am developing on the the iPAQ cluster provided by handhelds.org.
>
> So the first thing I did was get and patch the kernel source of the kernel I
> have on my iPAQ which is 2.4.19 rmk6.   Then I configured it for my
> architecture so that it could be used by other programs.
>
> However when I go into my hostap-driver-0.3.9 directory and type make, I get the
> follwoing error messages:

Linux 2.4.19 is quite old and Host AP driver 0.3.x and 0.4.x versions
support only newer kernel versions. You will either need to upgrade your
kernel (or at least wireless extensions support in it) or use Host AP
driver 0.2.x.