Using monitor mode

Johnny Choque jchoque
Fri Apr 29 11:13:29 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I have two laptop which are set to ad-hoc mode and ping from one laptop to
another. Also, I have a third laptop which is set to monitor mode in order
to sniff all traffic between laptops in ad-hoc mode. My problem is that
running ethereal in the third laptop not capture data traffic (ping packets)
and only capture 802.11 management frames. I had tried to use monitor mode 2
and 3 but the problem is the same.

Please, someone tell me how should configure my laptops in order to capture
simultaneously both data packets and 802.11 management frames?

Thanks in advance,

Johnny