WDS with WPA

Prj 2004 prj2004
Tue Apr 19 12:12:48 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I am setting up WDS links and would like my clients to have WPA authentication and encryption. Upto now I got WDS links to work.  And also got the 802.1x/TLS authentication to work for single AP's.

But if both WDS and hostapd are active, the nodes can't ping each other.  If anyone got this to work, can you please post hostapd.conf.  Mine looks like below:

---start hostapd.conf---
> interface=wlan0
> logger_syslog=-1
> logger_syslog_level=2
> logger_stdout=-1
> logger_stdout_level=2
> debug=0
> dump_file=/tmp/hostapd.dump
> ssid=wapsol-intra
> macaddr_acl=0
> auth_algs=3
> ieee8021x=1
> minimal_eap=0
> eap_message=hello
> wep_rekey_period=300
> eapol_key_index_workaround=0
> iapp_interface=br0
> own_ip_addr=192.168.3.31
> auth_server_addr=192.168.3.170
> auth_server_port=1812
> auth_server_shared_secret=test1
> radius_retry_primary_interval=600
> wpa=3
> wpa_passphrase=defaultpsk123
> wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
> wpa_pairwise=TKIP
> wpa_group_rekey=600
> wpa_gmk_rekey=86400
> rsn_preauth=1
> rsn_preauth_interfaces=eth0

I suspect I may be using the wrong "iapp_interface" or "interface" - but maybe I am totally off on this.

It would actually also be sufficient if I could secure the WDS links with WEP, if that is a possible solution.  Again, I'd like to be sure about what interfaces to use for setting the WEP key on.

Thanks very much!