Problems with hostap on Gentoo 2005.0 workstation using PCMCIA->PCI adapter

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Apr 11 21:26:21 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 10:48:58AM -0400, Brent Vukmer wrote:

> vux root # cat /etc/pcmcia/config.opts | grep -B 3 -A
> 2 hostap
> #----------------------------------------------------------------------
> #  HostAP Driver Configuration
>
> device "hostap"
>  class "network" module "hostap"
>
> # Override config settings for our PCMCIA card
> card "Netgate 2500 CDPLUS EXT2 200w"
>  version "INTERSIL", "HFA384x/IEEE"
>  bind "hostap"

I would recommend using the hostap_cs.conf file that is included in the
Host AP driver package. This override option here is incorrect; it
should be using module hostap_cs, not hostap.