Problems with hostap on Gentoo 2005.0 workstation using PCMCIA->PCI adapter

Brent Vukmer brent.vukmer
Mon Apr 11 11:13:33 PDT 2005

Thanks for the tips on using /etc/portage/package.keywords, Jakob!  I
emerged the latest hostap-driver and hostap-utils.  The hostap-driver
README says that "Host AP driver creates multiple network devices",
mentioning wifi0 and wlan0; however, doing ifconfig after emerging
hostap-driver does not show me a wlan0 or wifi0 device.

Here's the hardware I'm using:
http://www.netgate.com/product_info.php?products_id=43
http://www.netgate.com/product_info.php?products_id=28

I'm also wondering whether I should be using the hostap or the
hostap_plx driver.  I *think* based on the hostap-driver README that
because I'm using a PCMCIA->PCI adaptor, I should be using the
hostap_plx driver -- but I can't figure out how to do that.

Thanks,
Brent