wpa_supplicant/TTLS/EAP-MD-5 on XP complains "NDIS: Couldnotfind interface ... "

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Apr 6 19:08:32 PDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 04:48:32PM -0700, Wen Chen wrote:

> It turns out the Windows' version of wpa_supplicant needs to be executed in
> cygwin shell. The interface initialization problem happens only if I launch
> the supplicant from DOS shell.

That's not correct. There is no need for cygwin with the current version
of wpa_supplicant.

> I wonder if anyone why that's the case?

You seem to be using single quotation around the interface name and I
would guess that the Microsoft shell prompt does not like that, i.e., it
just includes them as part of the interface name.. Using double
quotation (or no quotation marks at all) could fix this issue. In this
case, just using -iIntel could also be enough, since the first match
would have been from the wireless card.