FW: linking wpa_supplicant

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Apr 5 19:27:37 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 11:58:21AM +0100, martin.p.bradley at bt.com wrote:

> I am trying to get wpa_supplicant to compile on a Redhat 7.3 system
> which has no wireless interface.  I was hoping to use it to send RADIUS
> packets containing EAP-TLS attributes.

Which version of openssl are you using? It is possible that the Red Hat
7.3 comes with too old version as far as current wpa_supplicant is
concerned.

> I copied the defconfig to .config and typed make.  The code compiled ok
> but failed at the linking stage.

Btw, since this is about testing EAP with RADIUS without an AP, you do
not probably want to be compiling wpa_supplicant. In order to build
eapol_test, you will need to add CONFIG_EAPOL_TEST=y into .config and
run 'make eapol_test'.