Using wpa_supplicant for 802.1x wired authentication

Vladimir Vuksan vlists
Mon Apr 4 16:02:51 PDT 2005

I just wanted to let you guys know that I am successfully using
wpa_supplicant for 802.1x wired authentication under Debian Sarge. I
have had all sorts of issues with xsupplicant and its interaction with
ifup and /etc/network/interfaces. I could never get it going quite
right. I think the -w option is a real lifesaver.

For those that want to try it make sure you get the latest devel
snapshot since 0.38 does not support the -Dwired interface.

Thanks,
Vladimir