wpa_supplicant, madwifi and WEP?

Gonzalo Diethelm gonzalo.diethelm
Fri Apr 1 04:35:03 PST 2005

Since I didn't get any replies to my previous post, I'll try to ask a
few more directed questions:

1. Does wpa_supplicant support configuring a connection with static WEP
passwords (what I would call the typical configuration you see on a
Windows machine using WiFi with some kind of protection)?

2. If yes, is this supported with an Atheros-based (madwifi) card?

3. Could someone provide an example of a network block for such a
configuration? What I am trying to use, without success, is:

network={
        ssid="XXX"
        priority=50
        auth_alg=SHARED
        key_mgmt=NONE
        wep_key0=xxxxxxxxx0
        wep_key1=xxxxxxxxx1
        wep_key2=xxxxxxxxx2
        wep_key3=xxxxxxxxx3
        wep_tx_keyidx=0
}

More details in my previous post, included below. Thanks everyone.

--
Gonzalo Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm at aditiva.com

--