PCI NIC with external antenna

Lasse Riis lriis
Wed Sep 15 05:13:32 PDT 2004

Hi

Now my wireless NIC in my thinkpad is finally running, so now I need an AP at
home. But for people like me, standard APs are not good enough. :) As I
already have a server (PII 350 MHz) I think adding a wireless PCI NIC with an
external antenna would be a better idea. However I can't seem to find any
complete list of cards that actually work in host AP mode.
I've been looking at the "D-Link AirPro DWL-AB520" but I can't seem to confirm
whether it actually works in host AP mode. So my question basically is: Will
the D-link card work, and/or could you recommend other cards that have these
properties.

Also, I'd like to hear from people who have some sort of VPN running on their
Linux boxen running in host AP mode. Links, tutorials the works

Lasse Riis