Configuring PEAP w/ ndiswrapper

Donald Teed dteed
Fri Sep 3 17:56:17 PDT 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Giridhar Pemmasani wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 07:06:07 -0300 (ADT), Donald Teed <dteed at artistic.ca> said:
>
>  Donald> with wpa_supplicant.  Based on how we have seen a world of
>  Donald> difference in ndiswrapper stability between the truemobile
>  Donald> 1300 and 1350, I'm ready to assume that we can't just say
>  Donald> "broadcom works" because the same brand and series chipset
>
> Again, ndiswrapper doesn't talk to the hardware. It is only a wrapper
> for Windows functions. And yet again, there is no point bringing up
> ndiswrapper issues on this list! Since you seem to follow this list,
> let me clarify: If you followed ndiswrapper-general list, someone
> mentioned that 1350 works but not when booted on battery. But
> ndiswrapper can't address that problem.

If you read my comment carefully, in context, you'll see that
I mention this merely as an example of a case where calling it
"broadcom" or even the vendor and device ID, isn't enough
to identify the hardware.  This list and ndiswrapper list
are peppered with too many reports (e.g. "broadcom works for me")
that treat these like they are all alike, while I have proof
that the rev number can be very significant.  That degree of
detail is missing in these reports of what works, including
those on the web site you listed (sometimes there, sometimes not).

I did respond to another thread on ndiswrapper about this
but I guess your email is still not working.