PATCH: wired eapol receive/send

Andy wireless
Thu Sep 2 01:27:42 PDT 2004

> > Is there any particular reason for parsing DHCP packets?
> But iptables is layer 3 in ISO/OSI.

Why not use either the mac address filtering module for IP tables (man
iptables, search for mac-source), or better still, use ebtables
(http://ebtables.sourceforge.net) which provides layer 2 filtering
functionality (but needs kernel patches for kernel 2.4, but is in kernel
2.6)?  Maybe a .1x module for ebtables is the way to go?

Andy
wireless at windsorcarclub.co.uk
ENDOFMSG