HostAP on linux 2.6

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Oct 11 20:38:35 PDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 06:41:48PM +0200, capacity77 at tin.it wrote:

> I've got an how-to for the 2.4.20 version but I've got problems configurating
> the wireless card (dwl650+) that I wouldn't have with the 2.6 kernel version.
> is HostAP tested for linux 2.6?

Yes, it is. I have been using the latest 2.5/2.6 kernel for the past
couple of years on my main development setup for Host AP driver..

However, moving to 2.6 kernel is not going to help much if you are
trying to use dwl650+ with Host AP driver since D-Link DWL-650+ (that
extra '+' in the end is the key) is not likely to be
Prism2/2.5/3-based.. You should have better luck with another driver
that actually supports said hardware (I would assume this would be
acx100, but I do not have such card myself nor have I tested this other
driver).