A question on WPA

J I jmi_1996
Fri Oct 1 08:33:23 PDT 2004

Hi

I wanted to know if the message 1(from the Authenticator) of the group handshake is tkip encrypted using the PTK installed in fourway handshake.

Further, in case the Authenticator restarts the Four way handshake again after recieving a MIC failure report from the supplicant, are the messages in such a four way handshake are TKIP encrypted using the previously installed PTKs.

I will appreciate if someone can clear the above doubts.

Thanks.

JMI